Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Follies in the Public Domain

Well, here's your treat (or is it really a trick?). After all my reviews, every last word, what I'm sure there was a silent clamor, truly a desperate unspoken longing for, was to hear me read something for a change.

I don't claim to be a professional. In fact, I can think of two minor flubs in my reading, plus a strange shifting accent for one of the sailor characters involved. But I am rather proud of my old man voice for this story.

As I've said many times, Poe wrote a number of humorous pieces that hardly anyone knows and hardly anyone records. I've decided to make a miniscule drop in the bucket toward that end. Who knows? Maybe this will become a tradition, and in the year 2037 I'll have recorded and uploaded the very last unknown Poe tale.

The idea had been a little grander on scale when first conceived, but, alas, real life sometimes gets in the way of our schemes. For that reason, this reading, poor as it may be, is dedicated to Auntie Sarah.

With that, I present you, "Three Sundays in a Week."

UPDATE:

The Tomato and Auntie Sarah are reportedly coming through with their own readings after all. A recent visit to their domicile was supposed to have resulted in the three of us laying down some recordings all together, so check back for more audio-linky goodness.

UPDATE TWO:

And here they are:

"The Raven"
"The Cask of Amontillado"

No comments: